Jeremy Gaston has briefed and argued appeals before the United States Supreme Court, the Supreme Court of Texas, federal courts of appeals for the Second, Fifth, and Seventh Circuits, and Texas courts of appeals in Houston, Austin, Beaumont, El Paso, and Amarillo.
Jeremy focuses his practice on commercial litigation, including fraud, breach of contract, products liability, intellectual property, and real property.
Prior to attending law school, Jeremy worked as a management consultant at Bain & Co. After law school, Jeremy clerked for Judge Patrick E. Higginbotham (on the Fifth Circuit) and Justice Sandra Day O’Connor (on the United States Supreme Court). In private practice, Jeremy has worked for a number of the nation’s most renowned firms including Susman Godfrey LLP, Mayer Brown LLP, and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, where he represented plaintiffs and defendants in a range of industries, including telecommunications, software, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and manufacturing. Jeremy is a co-founder of Hawash Cicack & Gaston LLP.
- The University of Texas School of Law – JD, with High Honors, 1999
- Stanford University – BS, Symbolic Systems, with Distinction, 1993
Honors and Awards
- United States Supreme Court, Judicial Clerk for Justice Sandra Day O’Connor
- Unites States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, Judicial Clerk for Judge Patrick E. Higginbotham
- Texas Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Chancellor’s Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Texas Super Lawyers 2005-2017